International Boxing Association (AIBA) opens the position of the Secretary General.
The newly established Selection Committee will provide the AIBA Board of Directors with at least two candidatures before March 22nd. The process will be fully transparent and democratic.
The administrative work of AIBA shall primarily be conducted at the AIBA Head Office by AIBA’s administrative staff under the direction of the Secretary General. The Secretary General shall report to the AIBA President and AIBA Board of Directors.
THE ROLE OF THE SECRETARY GENERAL SHALL BE TO:
- Provide administrative assistance and support to the Congress, to the
- Board and to the committees of AIBA;
- Assist in securing the implementation of decisions taken by the Congress,
- the Board and the committees of AIBA;
- Arrange for the taking and keeping of the minutes of the Congress, the
- Board and the committees of AIBA;
- Manage the AIBA Head Office;
- Direct and supervise the work of AIBA’s administrative staff;
- Direct and supervise the preparation and management of AIBA’s accounts,
- and present a report of such accounts to each meeting of the Congress and
- of the Board;
- Supervise the storage and, where required, the retrieval of AIBA’s records
- and archives; and
- Perform such other duties and tasks as he or she may be entrusted with
- from time to time by the Board.
- A university business, legal or sports management qualifications, preferably a PhD, Master’s degree or an MBA;
- Management and sport-related work experience;
- Fluency in oral and written English. Working knowledge of other languages, French, Spanish, Russian is a real asset;
- Solid track record of strong leadership, building and motivating effective and productive teams;
- Establishing, managing and developing collaborative working relationships with a range of internal and external bodies;
- Strong administrative and financial skills demonstrated in a senior strategic role;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Robust and comfortable with operating in a challenging environment;
- Available for international travel.
Start date: As soon as possible.
If you are interested in this position and you fit the requirements, you can apply for a job here.